1. Please, no last names, addresses, IM screen names etc.
2. Do not link to our class blog to your personal blog/journal; you might reveal information on there that you don’t want to reveal on your school blog.
3. If you want to write your opinion on a topic, make sure you’re not going to be offensive as you write it.
4. Always make sure you check over your post for spelling errors, grammar errors, and your use of words. Paste your post in a word processor and run spellcheck, or download a spellchecker for your browser.
5. Never disrespect someone else in our blog, whether it’s a person, an organization, or just a general idea. You don’t want someone making a stab at what you are passionate about; don’t do it to someone else.
6. Don’t write about other people without permission; if you can’t get their permission, use first names only. Never share someone else’s last name.
7. Watch your language! This is part of our school community. Language that is inappropriate in school is also inappropriate in our blog.
8. Make sure things you write about are factual. Don’t be posting about things that aren’t true. Link to your sources.
9. Keep it education-oriented. That means that you probably shouldn’t discuss your plans for the weekend, the last dance etc.